16 September, Park Plaza Hotel, London Victoria (MAP)
'Evaluating the risks and understanding the rewards of Cloud Computing for your organisation'
Places are strictly limited to 180 places
At The Cloud Circle Forums on we focus on the Cloud reality through providing practical case studies and real-life examples of Cloud deployments. Invited experts and members are also encouraged to share their Cloud experiences, challenges and success stories in an open and relaxed environment. Our 4th Forum will take place on 25th November 2010.
Pre-screened CXOs, Directors, Heads and Project Managers are attending The Cloud Circle’s Forum ‘Evaluating the risks and understanding the rewards of Cloud Computing for your organisation’, 16 September 2010 to:
• Evaluate the risks and rewards of cloud computing to make the right decisions for your organisation
• Avoid some of the potential ‘cloud gotcha’s’ that have caught out those who have gone before you
• Be inspired by hearing from some of the most innovative CIO’s who are looking beyond the 'low hanging fruit' of cost reduction and transforming the way they do business
• Benchmark the best of the cloud solution providers and identify the right option for your organisation
Join over 200 end user practitioners from across the UK, all pre-qualified to a level of seniority and actively involved in Cloud Computing across all vertical markets.
We design and develop the content and structure of our Forums through extensive research with our members.
Following on from a morning of inspiring and thought-provoking keynotes and practical real-life case studies, members (the attendees) will select from two new afternoon streams of interactive, networking presentations focusing on ‘Cloud Planning and Evaluation’ and ‘Cloud Implementation’.
Specifically attendees can select from sessions which will address how to:
• Build the business case and get sign off from the Board for their Cloud Computing deployment
• Understand and appraise the real security, privacy and regulatory concerns
• Evaluate the risks of other potential technology challenges; latency, portability, integration and the importance of implementing SLAs with teeth
• Build the best evaluation criteria for selecting between Cloud solution providers
• Manage the people and cultural issues that can derail their Cloud initiative
• Understand how to deliver on and measure the ROI of their Cloud initiative
• Leverage the benefits of Cloud computing and transform the way you do business
|8:45 - 9:15||Registration and networking introductions|
|9:15 - 10:10||Visionary Keynote: Cloud Computing; from IT solution to new business paradigm
|10:00 - 10:45||How does your selection of Cloud deployment or service model provide unique opportunities and risks?|
|10:45 - 11:15||Coffee and networking introductions
|11:15 - 11:55||Transformational Case Study (1); How we leveraged the benefits of Cloud Computing and changed the way we do business
|Cloud Planning and evaluation Stream||Cloud Implementation Stream|
|12:00 - 12:45||Building the Business Case for Cloud Computing Deployment, identifying the economic value to your organisation to ensure you get sign off for your initiative||What are the technical challenges when trying to integrate cloud applications to existing architectures and legacy systems?|
|12:45 - 14:15||Lunch and networking introductions|
|Cloud Planning and evaluation Stream||Cloud Implementation Stream|
|14:15 - 15:00||Understanding the suitability of the Cloud for Your Business||Overcoming the organisational challenges and barriers to implementing Cloud Computing? A case study|
|15:00 - 15:45||Security, Reliability, Compliance & Governance; the importance of aligning the Cloud with your existing Security and Governance policies||
Measuring the success of your Cloud Deployment
|15:45 - 16:15||Coffee and networking introductions|
|16:15 - 16:45||Transformational Case Study (2); Effective Cloud planning to enable seamless and successful Cloud deployment|
|16:45 - 17:15||Transformational Case Study (3); How we leveraged the benefits of Cloud computing and changed the way we do business|
|17:15 - 18:00||Closing Supplier Panel - The Big Cloud Debate!
|18:00 - 18:30||Networking Drinks Reception with Supplier Showcase and Q&A Surgery and demonstrations|
The discussions will end with a Cloud Debate. Delegates will hear from our panellists on both sides of the spectrum on the motions for debate including:
• Cloud computing signifies the death of corporate IT versus Cloud computing; the rebirth of Corporate IT into Business Architects • Is Cloud Computing always cheaper? Yes or no? • Do we need industry standards? Vendor posturing or empowerment for the end-user? • Can we have customisation and Commoditisation at the same time? • Cloud computing; facilitator of inhibitor of innovation?
After hearing the arguments for and against, delegates will be invited to raise their hands and vote for the most convincing argument!
Attendees will also get the chance to see some of these innovative new tools and offerings in action at our ‘Supplier Showcase and Q&A Surgery’ that will take place during the Networking Drinks Reception at the close of the Forum.
The Cloud Circle Forums 2010 have been designed for Business and IT decision makers responsible for investigating, evaluating, driving or implementing Cloud Computing initiatives across their organisations.
• A firm grasp of the business critical fundamentals needed to leverage the Cloud in their organisation
• The know-how to carry out a full ‘risks versus benefits’ appraisal of Cloud Computing specific to their organisation
• The information needed to assess the right technology and solution provider for their Cloud deployment
If you and colleagues would like to attend The 3rd Cloud Circle Forum, 16 September, please email Hannah or call 020 7960 6551
"Networking and similar organisational forums both within an organisation and increasingly across organisations are one of the most underdeveloped methods of leveraging the key resource to all modern companies, namely knowledge and information. It is naive to assume that the issues and challenges we encounter on a daily basis are not common to others, and much can be gained by sharing learning and knowledge gained.” ISBAN
If you cannot join us for The Cloud Circle Forum on 16 September please join us on 25 November for our 4th Cloud Circle Forum.
The Cloud Circle and the events that we run are very much driven by our members. We are constantly researching the hot topics and issues so that the information we provide is as relevant and as up-to-date as possible. With this in mind, we would very much like to speak to you at the Forum to understand where the Community can be of benefit to you.
* This event is for decision makers and influencers responsible for investigating, evaluating, driving or implementing Cloud Computing initiatives across Business and in IT within their organisations.
* The Cloud Circle reserves the right to investigate and authenticate registrations submitted under this category and to apply the stated registration fee if deemed necessary. The applicant will be informed in advance if this is the case.